What: "Break Free" Purity Retreat for 7th and 8th graders
When: May 9 & 10 (overnight) (not sure of the exact times)
Content: Working in small groups, watching DVDs, and listening to mini-lectures you will:
- learn God's plan for your body and your future as told to us in our Catholic faith, in Scripture, and by Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body.
- Study the messages our culture sells us thru TV, magazines, and music.
- Contrast the 7 deadly sins and the 7 life-giving virtues.
- Discover the saints' choices.
- Realize your power to devote yourself to yourself and to God.
- Understand our ability to love in many different ways leading us to our ultimate love for God in the Eucharist!
- This overnight retreat concludes with sacraments of Confession and Eucharist followed by inspirational lectures from nationally renowned pro-life speakers.